Tuesday 5 February 2008

Caledonian Canine Society Open show

Caledonian held their open show in the Lowland Hall at Ingliston on Saturday 2nd February.

Snow was forecast for much of Scotland both the day before and the day of the show - not great for northern exhibitors trying to get south. My Other Half was of the opinion that nobody would be there and that the show might even be cancelled - he really doesn't understand dog folk, does he?!

The weather did have an effect though, there seemed to be quite a number of absentees and very few of our club members made the journey - too sensible obviously. I did encounter some snow there and back but it wasn't too scary and I had my sleeping bag, flask and snow shovel just in case I was stranded!

I may have missed someone but don't think there were any BOBs or group places to report. Nicky's Gabbi was best pup in breed, thanks to Joanne for the photo.